Summer has settled in with a vengeance! On sweltering hot, muggy summer evenings, the last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove or turn on my oven. And that’s why summer is grilling season! Honestly, there’s nothing better than sitting on the patio with a cold drink and watching the kids splash around in the kiddie pool while the enticing smell of steak on the grill fills the air.
Today I’m sharing my favourite marinade recipe, perfect for barbecuing. This marinade is so simple but tastes amazing every time. And you don’t even need to dirty any extra dishes! Just dump all the ingredients into a large freezer bag and shake well, then toss your steaks in and seal the bag. Leave it to sit in the fridge for a few hours before putting your meat on the barbecue.
For best results, marinate overnight for tender, juicy, flavourful steaks. I’ve also used this on pork tenderloin and it’s so good! I like to reserve a little bit of marinade back to baste the steak while it’s grilling.
Serve your amazing steak with some grilled veggies on the side. My current fave is a very simple grilled zucchini. Just wash, cut into rounds, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and back pepper, and grill on the top rack.
Next time you’re having a barbecue, impress your guests with this delicious steak. It’ll blow their
socks flip flops off!
- 1/3 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1/3 cup gluten-free tamari soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from one lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh, ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients into a freezer bag and mix well.
- Add meat and marinate in the fridge for minimum of 6-8 hours before grilling.
- Paleofy with coconut aminos in place of tamari sauce. I do this often and it works just as well.