Founded in 2013, This West Coast Mommy is a parenting and lifestyle blog based in Vancouver, Canada. We cover family life on the West Coast, natural parenting, kid-friendly things to see and do, family travel, and living life a little greener. You’ll also find our favourite paleo and gluten-free recipes, child and family-friendly brands, and local arts and entertainment.
Olivia is the editor-in-chief, brand ambassador, bookworm, and social media enthusiast behind This West Coast Mommy. She lives in Vancouver, BC, Canada with her husband and two little girls. Before becoming a mother, she was a psychiatric social worker and an advocate for women and children living in poverty. She strives to live an environmentally aware lifestyle and enjoys writing and engaging with other parents via social media.
When the kids came along, Olivia put her social work career on hold to focus on raising kind, happy, healthy, and adventurous children. Becoming a mother to two feisty girls has been both the greatest and most challenging work of her life, as well as the inspiration for starting this blog and living life a little greener every day. When she’s not taking photographs of the kids and the beautiful natural scenery surrounding her, you can find her experimenting in the kitchen, planning their next travel adventure, ordering sushi rolls, or buried in a good sci fi novel.
Learn more about our work below. Interested in discussing a potential project? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This West Coast Mommy also counts these fabulous West Coast moms among our contributors.
Samantha specializes in cloth diaper and baby item reviews. She lives in Washington state with her husband, toddler son, Brooks, and baby girl, Riley. Between diaper changes and loads of laundry, she enjoys landscape photography and the never-ending process of home decorating.
Alisia is a Registered Massage Therapist, a recent nursing school graduate, and a brand new West Coast mom to an adorable baby boy! She’s loving every minute of this new adventure and determined to learn all the ins and outs of cloth diapering and babywearing.
- Sponsored posts
- Brand ambassadorships
- Recipe development
- Product reviews
- Promotions and giveaways
- Events and sponsored travel
- Freelance writing
- Social media promotion
- Twitter parties
- Social media management
Media & Accolades
- Winner, Top Vancouver Mom Blogger 2017
- Featured in 13 Moms on Instagram Who Give Us Natural Parenting Goals on CafeMom.com, June 2016
- Finalist in Healthy Family Expo 2015 Favourite Blog Awards
- Featured in MadeinBlog’s Top 10 Best Canadian Blogs in Family Category 2014
- Featured in MadeinBlog’s Top 10 Best Canadian Blogs in Family Category 2013
Past Projects & Partnerships
- Ikea Sustainable Living Ambassador – “Going Green and Saving Green“
- Chevrolet – “What to Look for in a Compact Family SUV #ChevroletEquinox“
- Bummis Cloth Diapers Ambassador – “Reduce Your Baby’s Footprint with the New Bummis“
- President’s Choice Lifestyle Ambassador – “Gluten-Free Crackled Chocolate and Pecan Cookies“
- TTi Floorcare Ambassador – “How My Hoover Air Cordless is Making Me a Better Housekeeper“
- “The Home Ranch: An All-Inclusive Luxury Family Vacation in Colorado“
- “2 Days in Denver with Kids“
- “Family-Friendly Travel Guide to Victoria, British Columbia“
- “Family-Friendly Travel Guide to Tofino, British Columbia“
- “11 Kid-Friendly Things to Do in Seattle When It’s Cold and Wet Outside“
- “10 Family-Friendly Things to Do in Niagara (Other Than Visiting Niagara Falls)“
- “7 Tips for Saving Money on Your Las Vegas Getaway“
- “Things for Families to Do at the Grand Palladium Resort in Punta Cana“
- Guest blogger on Canadian Mother Resource – “Why I Chose Home Birth“
- Guest blogger at Omaiki.com – “5 Reasons Why Your Family Should Use Cloth Diapers“
Recent Brand Partners
- Kaspersky Labs
- Toys “R” Us
- Skechers Shoes
- Tetley Tea
- eOne Films
- Carter’s Osh Kosh B’Gosh
- Quarto Books
Thank you for your interest in working with This West Coast Mommy! Email me at email@example.com to discuss how we can work together.