Not to rush things, but can you believe the August long weekend is already here? That means the summer is half over. Blink again and the kids will all be back in school!
This summer we’ve been enjoying all the backyard barbecues we can, storing up the sunshine for the rest of the year, so of course we kicked off the long weekend with my amazing marinated steaks and some sides. I mean, it’s pretty much mandatory to have a barbecue for August long, isn’t it?
We’ve been enjoying our fair share of Summer Fresh dips and hummus with raw veggie sticks this summer, but they’re not just for dipping! With a little help from Summer Fresh, I was inspired to make something special for our barbecue today: these stuffed portobello mushrooms! I stuffed them with Artichoke & Asiago dip, kicked up with some local heirloom tomatoes and sweet onions, plus a splash of balsamic vinegar. They were so easy to make, and no word of a lie the best stuffed mushrooms I’ve ever had. We’ll be making these again for sure!
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Summer Fresh Artichoke & Asiago Dip
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- Remove and discard stem and gills. Clean mushrooms with damp cloth.
- Brush olive oil across inside and outside of mushrooms.
- Add Summer Fresh Artichoke & Asiago dip, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, sweet onion, balsamic vinegar, and pepper to small bowl and mix until well-blended.
- Grill mushrooms over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side until softened. Remove from grill.
- Add one quarter of the tomato and dip stuffing mixture to each mushroom and sprinkle with one quarter of the shredded cheese.
- Return to grill and cook about 5 minutes more until filling is hot and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of diced tomatoes (or Summer Fresh Bruschetta Dip) if desired.
We snacked on these wedges while we relaxed in the backyard cooking our steaks and watching the kids play. (Excuse the yellow grass, we’re under drought conditions here in the Lower Mainland.) What a great start to the long weekend! How about you? What are your plans this weekend?
Win a $25 Summer Fresh Prize Pack
All summer long, Summer Fresh will be giving away weekly prize packs with $25 worth of Summer Fresh coupons. Every Monday, visit the Summer Fresh Facebook page or Twitter account for a new giveaway. I’ve got one of these prize packs to give away to one of my Canadian readers too!
Enter to win in the widget below. This giveaway is open to Canadian residents only, 18+. All entries will be verified.
Check out my other open giveaways listed in the sidebar or in the menu (for mobile)!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own. Your experience may differ.