Yes, it’s only September, but my kids are already counting down the days until Christmas! They’re already thinking about what to write to Santa, and they’ve already asked when they can “ride the train to the North Pole” again. If you’re looking to create some Christmas magic for your family, mark your calendar for the holiday event we’ve been looking forward to all year!
Based on Robert Zemeckis’ 3D computer animated Christmas classic The Polar Express, the highly anticipated Polar Express Train Ride is back in Squamish, BC, this November and December. Claim your golden train ticket and board the train for a 50-minute ride to the indoor “North Pole” located in the West Coast Railway Association Roundhouse.
Along the way, you’ll sip hot chocolate, nibble cookies, and sing carols to get in the holiday spirit. Don’t forget to wear your favourite pair of pyjamas!
Once you arrive at the “North Pole”, you and the kids can visit with Mr. and Mrs. Claus from 10:00 am-6:00 pm on Saturdays and 10:00 am-4:00 pm on Sundays. Be sure to bring your own camera to capture the magical moment!
Expect to spend a couple of hours at the “North Pole” because there’s lots to do after meeting the Clauses! All tickets on the Polar Express include one ride on the special mini rail ride (additional rides by donation). You can decorate gingerbread man cookies, create sparkly Christmas crafts, and explore the train engines on site. Be sure to head up to the loft and check out the big display of miniature trains on the second floor.
We’re all looking forward to kicking off our holiday season with a ride on the Polar Express and visit to the “North Pole”. Once you visit, I know this will become a favourite part of your family’s traditions too!
The Polar Express will run on Saturdays and Sundays from November 24-December 15, 2019.
- Saturday, November 23 – 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm
- Sunday, November 24 – 10:00 am (sensory-friendly ride), 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Saturday, November 30 – 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm
- Sunday, December 1 – 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Saturday, December 7 – 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm
- Sunday, December 8 – 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Saturday, December 14 – 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 6:00 pm
- Sunday, December 15 – 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm
* Please arrive 30-45 minutes prior to your departure time so you can pick up your tickets and board the train before departure.
39645 Government Road
Squamish, BC V8B 0B6
The Polar Express is located in the West Coast Railway Heritage Park in the town of Squamish, BC. From Vancouver it is about an hour’s drive north on Highway 99 along the spectacular Howe Sound to Squamish. Go approximately 2 km past the McDonald’s until you come to Industrial Way. There is a traffic light at the intersection. Turn left and go to the stop sign at Queens Way. Turn right and follow the signs. After the BC Rail tracks, you will see the entrance sign on the right.
* Please note you must have winter tires on your vehicle to drive up the Sea to Sky Highway (Hwy 99).
Parking is $5.00 and available across the street in the parking lots by the train tracks of the BC Rail property. Anyone needing special assistance/drop off procedures can access the drop off circle just outside the main gate of the Heritage Park.
Tickets start at $35 for Coach (general admission) tickets and $52.50 for First Class.
Tickets are already on sale! Buy your Polar Express tickets online at WCRA.org.
Disclosure: I received media tickets to this event in exchange for sharing this information.