We’ve seen the Despicable Me movies a few times, and like most kids, my girls have fallen in love with those zany, lovable Twinkie-shaped Minions. So of course we were excited to see the new Minions movie. We ended up missing it in the theatres, but the good news is that Minions is now out on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital. Last weekend we got our Minion tuques on and settled in for the movie.
It’s goofy, it’s silly, and it’s a lot of fun! There are a few action scenes that were a little intense for my three-year-old, but for the most part the kids just enjoyed the silliness of the Minions’ quest throughout history to find the right evil genius to serve. We also liked the mini-movie extras. Cro-Minion featuring cave Minions was especially cute.
“Starting as single-celled yellow organisms, Minions evolve through the ages, perpetually serving the most despicable of masters. Continuously unsuccessful at keeping these masters—from T. rex to Napoleon—the Minions find themselves without someone to serve and fall into a deep depression. But one Minion named Kevin has a plan, and he—alongside teenage rebel Stuart and lovable little Bob—ventures out into the world to find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow. The trio embark upon a thrilling journey that ultimately leads them to their next potential master, Scarlet Overkill, the world’s first-ever female super-villain. They travel from frigid Antarctica to 1960s New York City, ending in ‘mod’ London, where they must face their biggest challenge to date: saving all of Minionkind…from annihilation.”
- Three all new original mini-movies:
- Cro Minion
- Binky Nelson Unpacified
- Deleted Scene – Me, Myself and Stuart
- Around the World Interactive Map – Explore the world of the Minions with this interactive map featuring a collection of games, trivia, featurettes, storyboards, and more all themed to movie locations.
- Behind the Goggles – The Illumination Story of the Minions – Get a “behind the googles” look at the history and evolution of everyone’s favorite yellow henchmen.
- Illumination Mac Guff Animation
- Lighting, Layout and Effects – A look at the ways in which layout and lighting plays a big role in the emotion and motivation in the movie. Also see the ways in which they try to keep the 60’s vintage look and the challenges they face with very technical shots, where one shot can take weeks.
- Jingle Bells Minion Style – This holiday favorite is brought to life in a merry-Minion way. Now you get to sing along to the beloved video that was the most shared piece of content on Facebook in 2014.
- The Secret Life of Pets theatrical trailer
I bet your family will enjoy this too! Pick up your copy at Amazon or wherever Blu-ray movies are sold.
Win a Blu-ray Copy of Minions!
One of my readers will win a Blu-ray/DVD copy of the Minions movie! Enter in the giveaway widget below. This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada, 18+. All entries will be verified.
While you’re here, check out my other open giveaways on my Giveaway Page!
Disclosure: I received a sample item for review. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. This post contains affiliate links. This West Coast Mommy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through my link, at no additional cost to you. This income helps pay for the operating costs of my website – thank you for your support!