I don’t remember the first time I saw Mary Poppins, but it was probably on the The Wonderful World of Disney. I’ve loved this movie ever since. The songs especially captured my imagination. I attended the Mary Poppins musical a couple of years ago, and I still knew all the words! “A Spoonful of Sugar”, “Step in Time”, and the melancholy “Feed the Birds” are particular favourites of mine. I recently taught Teagan how to say “supercalifragilisticexpialidoc
Releasing from the Disney Vault in celebration of its 50th Anniversary, creative visionary Walt Disney’s classic shines for the first time on Blu-ray. Starring Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews in her Academy-Award winning role, and featuring iconic toe-tapping songs including “A Spoonful of Sugar” and “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” Mary Poppins is a movie experience your family will enjoy again and again. An all-new digital restoration adds even more magic – helping bring the award-winning songs and amazing picture to life like never before.
“Practically Perfect In Every Way”, Mary Poppins flies out of the windy London skies and into the home of two mischievous children. With the help of a carefree chimney sweep named Bert, the spirited nanny turns every chore into a game and every day into a “Jolly Holiday”. Share the music; share the magic; share the joy of Mary Poppins this holiday on Blu-ray Combo Pack & HD Digital December 10.
Special features include:
- All-New Mary-oke Sing-Along – sing along with famous songs from the film
- All-New Becoming Mr. Sherman – enjoy a conversation between legendary composer Richard Sherman and actor Jason Schwarzman (who plays Richard Sherman in Saving Mr. Banks)
- Deleted Song –”Chimpanzoo”
- A Magical Musical Reunion featuring Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, and Richard Sherman
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: The Making of Mary Poppins
- Deconstruction of a Scene: Jolly Holiday
- Deconstruction of a Scene: Step in Time
Disclosure: I received a sample item for review purposes. All opinions are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ.