Halloween is sneaking up on us already, and all of Ponyville is getting into the spirit! My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Spooktacular Pony Tales is perfect to bring some spooky fun home. New on DVD from Shout! Factory Kids in collaboration with Hasbro Studios, Spooktacular Pony Tales features 6 fun episodes and a bonus sing-along music video, “Bats”. The DVD also comes with a full colour Halloween MLP poster and two pumpkin carving stencils featuring Nightmare Moon and Trixie.
“Join your favourite residents of Ponyville – Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and, of course, Spike – as they take on some of the spookiest adventures Equestria’s ever seen! Time to gather round and hold on tight, because these six exciting tales are a chillingly good romp!”
The six episodes on this DVD have been thoughtfully selected from Seasons One to Four:
- “Boast Busters” – This episode introduces the Great and Powerful Trixie to Ponyville.
- “Stare Master” – Fluttershy saves the Cute Mark Crusaders and Twilight Sparkle from a cockatrice.
- “Luna Eclipsed” – Princess Luna visits Ponyville on the eve of Nightmare Night.
- “Sleepless in Ponyville” – Scootaloo has nightmares after a night of scary stories by the campfire.
- “Castle Mane-ia” – The ponies visit Celestia’s old castle thought to be haunted by the Pony of Shadows.
- “Bats!” – Applejack and Fluttershy deal with an infestation of vampire fruit bats in the apple orchard.
Check out this sneak peek of the spooky fun!
With the exception of “Luna Eclipsed”, these episodes are not specifically Halloween-themed. You know my girls are huge My Little Pony fans, but most of the episodes on this DVD have scenes that were a little frightening for my two-year-old (especially “Sleepless in Ponyville”). At 4 years old, Tee enjoyed all six episodes and didn’t find them too scary, so I think this DVD would be most appropriate for preschoolers and older.
Both my girls did watch and enjoy the first episode “Boast Busters” because it featured the Great and Powerful Trixie, the same My Little Pony that Kay received for her birthday. Kay wasn’t scared of this episode, and she kept her stuffed pony tucked in next to her on the couch as she watched.
Disclosure: I received a sample item for review. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. This post contains affiliate links. This West Coast Mommy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.