When you’re following a gluten-free, lactose-free, peanut-free, or other allergen-free diet, it can be hard to find products and ingredients that taste like you remember. Hubby and Kay both have food allergies, so I’m always looking for alternatives to make sure they don’t miss out. Just because you’re limited in what you can eat, you shouldn’t have to be limited in what you can enjoy too! Thankfully there are many more gluten-free, lactose-free, and peanut-free options out there than ever before, but how do you know which ones taste like the real thing?
One name I trust is President’s Choice, because they’re committed to helping Canadians find freedom in “-free” products so we don’t have to choose between health and flavour anymore.
President’s Choice carries a delicious selection of lactose-free dairy products that puts all those things you’ve been avoiding back within reach. Sure, non-dairy milks are one option, but you just can’t beat the taste of a rich and creamy smoothie made with yogurt. And now you can have it with lactose-free yogurt!
My kids went bonkers for that creamy, frosty smoothie taste made with PC’s lactose-free yogurt and frozen mango chunks, frozen blueberries, and frozen strawberries. They especially loved the pretty smoothie bowl presentation!
How do you find “-free”dom in your favourite PC allergen-free products? Visit President’s Choice for more gluten-free, lactose-free, or peanut-free products and delicious meal ideas!
Lactose-Free Mango Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup PC® Plain Lactose-Free 2% M.F. Yogurt
- 1/2 ripe banana chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup PC® Sliced Strawberries
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Serve immediately in a bowl with fresh or frozen fruit garnish on top.
Win a $100 Grocery Card
How would you like to win a $100 PC grocery card to do some allergy-friendly meal planning of your own? Enter in the giveaway widget below. This giveaway is open to residents of Canada only, 18+. All entries will be verified.
* Gift card is redeemable at Club Entrepot, Extra Foods, Fortinos, Independent Grocers, Loblaws, Loblaw Great Food, Maxi, Maxi and Co, No Frills, Provigo, Save Easy, Real Canadian Superstore, Atlantic Superstore, SuperValu, Value-mart, Wholesale Club, Zehrs markets, and Zehrs Great Food.
While you’re here, check out my other open giveaways on my Giveaway Page!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation. Nevertheless, all opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ.