Canada Day is only a week away! To help you and your kids celebrate, I’ve got some free printables for you, courtesy of a fun new book, Canada Doodles. Written by Megan Radford and illustrated by Peter Cook, this pocket-sized softcover book is chock full of Canada-themed doodle prompts that will sneak in some learning along with the fun.
Discover fascinating Canadian trivia, explore Canadian geography, and learn about Canadian historical, cultural, and artistic icons and institutions:
- “Canada has over 30,000 lakes! Draw yourself some goggles and flippers and get ready for a swim.”
- “Decorate these dragons in the annual Chinese New Year parade in Toronto’s Chinatown.”
- “Draw a ballerina performing for the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, Canada’s oldest dance troupe.”
- “This attractive hockey-playing fella has lost a couple of teeth! Draw his lucky playoff beard and helmet to get him game-ready.”
- “Finish this inukshuk, a stone figure resembling a human and built by the Inuit.”
Canada Doodles is laid out in sections corresponding to each geographical region of this great country: the West Coast (pretty cool seeing local favourites like Granville Street buskers and the Cherry Blossom Festival!), the Prairies, Central Canada, Atlantic Canada, and the Arctic.
There’s something here for all skill levels. Your toddler can easily draw sprinkles on a Tim Horton’s donut, and older budding artists can sketch a graffiti style mural in Moose Jaw, Manitoba, or a new masterpiece hanging in the Art Gallery of Toronto. This is a perfect book to take along with you to help keep little hands busy in the waiting room, at a restaurant, or on a road trip.
Get Your Free Canada Day Printables!
Pick up your copy of Canada Doodles at Amazon.ca or at your local bookseller.
Disclosure: I received a sample item for review. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. This post contains affiliate links. This West Coast Mommy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.