The last couple of years I’ve started off each new year with a Whole30 challenge. For a bunch of different reasons like a lack of time (I’ve been picking up a lot of shifts this month), sheer exhaustion after the holidays, and kids who are really picky eaters, I didn’t get it together for a new challenge this time.
Every time I’ve done a Whole30 though, my slow cooker has been my best friend. When you’re making every meal from scratch, one pot set and forget meals are definitely the way to go! Even though I’m not participating this year, I know lots of you are kicking off the new year with your own Whole30 challenge or clean eating resolution. So here I am, cheering from the sidelines, with thirty Whole30 slow cooker recipes to carry you through your thirty days.
All these recipes are Whole30 compliant which means gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. No grains, no artificial sweeteners, no legumes, no alcohol, no processed foods period. But of course you’re not limited to making these during your Whole30 only. These slow cooker meals are healthy and delicious anytime!
Here’s to your health!
Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
1. Whole30 Slow Cooker Thai Green Curry Chicken
Flavourful Thai curry made simple in the slow cooker with Whole30 compliant curry paste and rick coconut milk.
2. Slow Cooker Paleo Jerk Chicken from Paleo Flourish
Jerked chicken with traditional jerk spices, but made easier in the slow cooker instead of grilled.
3. Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Stuff I Make My Husband
This dish is perfect for the family that loves garlic!
4. Slow Cooker Thai Coconut Soup from Happy Mothering
This version of Thai coconut chicken soup (tom kha gai) is easy to make in your slow cooker. Tom kha gai is traditionally eaten with rice.
5. Crockpot Mexican Chicken with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice from Our Food Fix
All the Mexican flavours we love over a simple cauliflower rice.
6. Chicken Lime Fiesta Soup from Hey Whitney
Mmm! Lime, garlic, cilantro, and a touch of jalapeno for this flavourful soup.
7. Easy Creamy Crock-Pot Coconut Curry Chicken from The Iron You
We love coconut curry! 5 minutes to make the sauce and let the slow cooker do the rest.
8. Slow Cooker Lemon Basil Whole Chicken from Self Proclaimed Foodie
If your slow cooker is big enough, cook an entire whole chicken with the bright flavours of lemon and basil.
Pork Slow Cooker Recipes
9. Whole30 Pulled Pork Carnitas from Simply Mrs. Edwards
This savoury and versatile pulled pork has just the right amount of heat.
10. Roast Pork with Onion Apple Gravy from Phoenix Helix
This take on the traditional roast and gravy is also AIP compliant.
11. Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork from Pain Free Kitchen
Truly a throw everything in the slow cooker and leave it recipe.
12. Crockpot Ancho Pork from Primal Gourmet
Spicy shredded pork with all the fixings.
13. Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs from Nom Nom Paleo
Korean style short ribs made simple and sugar-free.
14. BBQ Pulled Pork from Pretend It’s a Donut
For this recipe, you’ll make your own barbecue sauce, but it’s worth it!
Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
15. Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast
Balsamic vinegar, garlic, onion, spices, and a dash of chili powder give this pot roast lots of flavour.
16. Slow Cooker Chili from Goodie Godmother
No-bean chili made quick and easy. You won’t miss them in this hearty chili recipe.
17. Healthy Corned Beef and Cabbage from Wellness Mama
Brining your own beef is a little more work, but worth it in the end. Keep your brine sugar-free for Whole30.
18. Lemon-Basil Shredded Beef from Eat Heal Thrive
This shredded beef roast ditches traditional tomato-based sauces for lighter flavours of lemon and basil.
19. Slow Cooker Spicy Stuffed Cabbage Casserole from Bowl of Delicious
Making “unstuffed” cabbage rolls in the slow cooker saves a lot of work without sacrificing the taste.
20. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili from Boys Ahoy
Beans? What beans? Enjoy loads of veggies and the sweetness of cubed sweet potatoes
21. Whole30 Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef from Gastography
This shredded beef recipe is seasoned with sweet balsamic vinegar and savoury Asian flavours.
22. Slow Cooker Beef Stew from One Lovely Life
Hearty beef, carrot, and mushroom stew, thickened with arrowroot starch.
Other Protein Slow Cooker Recipes
23. Lamb and Apricot Curry from Adventures in Partaking
Sweet, rich lamb curry with cooking instructions for stove top, pressure cooker, and slow cooker.
24. Slow Cooker Gumbo from Fit Slow Cooker Queen
Hearty chicken, sausage, and shrimp gumbo without the flour roux.
25. Slow Cooked Spiced Pulled Lamb Shoulder from Natural Kitchen Adventures
Fall apart lamb marinated in Middle Eastern spices.
26. Venison Butternut Squash Chili from Jan’s Sushi Bar
Hearty, spicy chili made with lean venison and rich butternut squash.
27. Garlic Stuffed Balsamic Venison Roast from Kait’s Primal Kitchen
Tender venison roast seasoned with garlic, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, onion, and spices.
28. Creamy Crockpot Fish Chowder from And Love It Too!
Coconut milk makes this rich fish chowder deliciously creamy.
29. Crispy Slow Cooked Duck from Pastured Kitchen
A final roasting in the oven makes the duck skin crispy.
30. Slow Cooker Goat Curry from My Heart Beets
Ready to try something a little different? Try this flavourful Indian goat curry!