Even though we’re nearing the end of our baby carrier days, I just can’t help but love on LÍLLÉbaby’s new line of Complete Embossed carriers.
It has all the features you know and love in LÍLLÉbaby’s Complete carriers but in light and breathable microcloth, ultra soft suedecloth inside, and gorgeous embossed detailing all along the front. It’s available in blue, citrus, coral, and my fave, this gorgeous teal!
Here’s a quick summary of the features you can expect to find in every LÍLLÉbaby Complete carrier:
- Six ergonomic carrying positions without the need for an infant insert: front-fetal, front-infant, front-outward, front-toddler, hip, and back carry. The Complete grows with your child from 7 lbs to 45 lbs.
- Removable lumbar support increases comfort, maintains healthy posture and alignment, and prevents lower back strain.
- Two-way straps enable you to carry “backpack style” or with straps crossed in the back. Dual adjustment buckles simplify breastfeeding and adjusting straps on the go.
- Removable sleeping hood with dual adjustment points to provide support for baby’s head while sleeping, sun protection, and privacy while nursing.
- Extra tall and entendable torso provides extra neck and back support and keeps taller babies secure in the carrier. The adjustable width gently cradles baby’s head, and elastic straps provide support while allowing for movement and easy adjustment.
- Large zippered storage pocket, plus easy-reach pocket for storing hood and essentials.
- Wide, padded shoulder straps and waist belt to evenly distribute baby’s weight for maximized comfort.
I love the wide seat that fully supports even my 3-year-old and keeps her legs in the proper position. The extendable high back works well to keep her feeling secure, especially in a back carry. The removable lumbar support makes a big difference in wearability, especially for older toddlers. At 3 years old and 33 pounds, Kay was comfortable to wear for up to about 30 minutes on my front and at least an hour and a half on my back.
We tried the hip carry, but at Kay’s age, the off balance weight became uncomfortable for me and pulled at my neck after just a little while. Kay didn’t mind it at all though, as her position is similar to how I would naturally carry her on my hip without a carrier. This carry would work better for smaller, lighter babies.
Be aware that if you want to switch between front/back and hip carrying, you will need to rethread the straps each time. In general it’s not a practical set up for us, but if you do like to hip carry, the straps do a great job of keeping Kay in place and feeling secure hands-free.
6 positions make this a wonderfully versatile carrier, but it’s the little things that make it truly a joy to use. Like how the inside is lined with super soft suedecloth against baby’s skin, and how it’s made so that the suedecloth overlaps the edges of the seat so they never cut into your baby’s legs. How it comes complete with a removable lumbar support pad to maintain posture and prevent lower back strain, and how you can store the hood in the pocket below or remove it entirely if you choose.
There are little “pockets” on the shoulder straps to tuck the webbing away when I’m not using it, giving them a neat and streamlined appearance. The little padded cushion underneath the chest/back buckle protects my skin from the buckle digging in, and the convenient zippered pocket keeps my phone, keys, and wallet safe and secure.
The Complete carrier grows with your baby from 7-45 pounds, without an infant insert. The height of the back adjusts up and down with snaps on either side, and you can adjust the width of the seat for smaller babies or for facing out.
The wide, padded waist belt is adustable up to about 52″. The shoulder straps are padded all the way down to the carrier panel and adjust two ways, making it simple to get a comfortable fit for me and Kay.
One of my favourite things about this carrier is that it’s machine washable! Busy mamas ain’t got time for handwashing and spotwashing everything, especially an item that babies will inevitably drool all over, spit up on, and have those dreaded blowouts in. And of course, no review would be complete without a close-up of this beautiful embroidery down the entire front panel that gives the carrier its distinctive embossed appearance. I love it!
Purchase your LÍLLÉbaby carrier direct from LÍLLÉbaby or on Amazon.
Disclosure: I received a sample item for review. All opinions expressed are completely honest and my own, based on my personal experience. Your experience may differ. This post contains affiliate links. This West Coast Mommy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through my link, at no additional cost to you. This income helps pay for the operating costs of my website – thank you for your support!